Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cruise on a J120 - Part II


We sailed to Newport and stayed on Bob Johnstone's (John's oldest brother) mooring in front of the New York Yacht Club. It was a beautiful spot and we watched all the rich folks sit in their chairs and watch the harbor. At 8 A.M. each morning they set off a cannon and put up the American and Club flags............if you weren't up yet, you certainly were up at 8!!


Ian and Margaret were certainly great hosts and were so easy to travel with. They had almost everything we needed...................I had a great picture of John and Ian here and when I deleted the line I lost the picture!
Guess I will get used to this in time.

Newport was fun including the five hours of shopping Margaret and I did on Friday as well as dinner that night at the Red Parrot when we ran into Paula and Vee Morrone - small world!!

The little sailboat is "Llamanilla".....................Took the picture for Maximo!

Yesterday (8/23/08) we motored all the way home (5 hrs) because there wasn't enough wind
to sail. I am glad to be on land again!!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: